Re: Allocated curl_easy_setopt() strings

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Thu, 26 Jul 2007 00:06:01 +0200 (CEST)

On Wed, 25 Jul 2007, Patrick Monnerat wrote:

> _ auth_host is unused. Remove ? Treat as allocated ?

Remove!

> _ private_data is considered as (char *): should be a (void *). Update
> code and doc ? Seems it should NOT be allocated (like errorbuffer).

Should be void *, yes and should not be allocated. I believe it might've been
added as a char * since it gets extracted by curl_easy_getinfo() as a char
*... (which it does because we have no "object type" for curl_easy_getinfo()
that allows us to return a void *!)

> _ source_url is never set, but tested once (commented "3rd party FTP").
> Remove definition and code using it ? Treat as allocated ?

Remove!

> _ source_userpwd is unused (commented "3rd party FTP"). Remove ? Treat
> as allocated ?

Remove!

> _ cookiejar is fetched with a va_arg of type (void *). Should be (char *)
> and allocated. Fix ?

Please fix!