Re: How to set the default crypto engine to openssl in Curl

From: Dan Fandrich <dan_at_coneharvesters.com>
Date: Tue, 24 Jul 2007 09:35:02 -0700

On Tue, Jul 24, 2007 at 09:20:08PM +0530, Parag Nandedkar wrote:
> I am a novice libcurl user. I have written a simple c program using libcurl to
> access an https URL.
> What are the ssl crypto engines supported by CURL ?

You seem to be confusing "crypto engine" with "crypto library". Examples of
crypto libraries are OpenSSL, GnuTLS and yaSSL, and libcurl can only use one
of those at a time, selected at compile time. Crypto engines are an
OpenSSL concept used in its internal processing.

> I have generated ca,server and client certificates using openssl. Does it mean
> i should use openssl crypto engine. ?

You should be able to use them with any supported SSL library.

> I want to use openssl crypto engine. What string value I should use for the
> option CURLOPT_SSLENGINE to use openssl as ssl engine ?

You don't need to select OpenSSL at run time--it's selected at compile time.

>>> Dan