Re: accessing libcurl from activestate perl

From: Guenter Knauf <eflash_at_gmx.net>
Date: Fri, 20 Jul 2007 02:06:58 +0200

Hi,
> 1. Does anyone know if Activestate perl supports
> libcurl?
not the company ActivePerl - but as I stated in other mail yes, there is a port available for Activestate Perl.

> 2. Are there any clear instructions on installing
> WWW::CURL on windows machine that has Active State
> perl on it.
- download http://theoryx5.uwinnipeg.ca/ppms/zips/WWW-Curl.zip
- extract this archive to a temp folder, f.e. c:\temp
- start PPM
- if you have latest ActivePerl PPM might be a graphical one, then use the GUI and point to WWW-Curl.ppd.
- if you have older ActivePerl PPM is a commandline tool; then use:
ppm install c:\temp\WWW-Curl.ppd

thats it!

Guen.