Re: Getting Started

From: Guenter Knauf <eflash_at_gmx.net>
Date: Sun, 15 Jul 2007 01:47:25 +0200

Hi Alan,
> Just curious, are there any plans to release an up to date MSVC version?
> I'm a mingw fan myself but am part of a project where we need to use
> libcurl
> but the project is setup for msvc so don't really have a choice
> unfortunately :/
I'm not the Win32 guru; but I could provide a recent MSVC6 version - but does that really make sense?
many use already MSVC 8 or 7, and the versions are incompatible....
you should really try to build self from source; we have a working makefile, and with that its no pain to create an own version from current release source....
however if your project also uses MSVC6, then let me know, and I will see to find some time to compile a version....

greets, Guenter.