Re: more autobuild whoes...

From: Tor Arntsen <tor_at_spacetec.no>
Date: Thu, 12 Jul 2007 12:21:26 +0200

On 7/11/07, Dan Fandrich <dan_at_coneharvesters.com> wrote:
> On Wed, Jul 11, 2007 at 06:19:35PM +0200, Guenter Knauf wrote:
> > Hi,
> > also it seems that currently a bunch of autobuilds are marked to fail for SSH although they dont even build with ssh2...?
>
> The SSH server is used to provide a SOCKS proxy, so starting it is attempted
> on pretty well all builds. On AIX, however, the sftp-server plugin can't be
> found which is preventing it from starting. If Tor could find where that
> lives on AIX we can add it to the search path and maybe get SSH tests going
> on AIX.

It's /opt/freeware/libexec/openssh/sftp-server

But this is version 2.9.9p2-6, which is an IBM-bugfixed version of
2.9.9. Newer versions are available and directly supported from
openssh.org (which is where IBM will point you), but the current 4.1
version won't work on AIX 5.1 unless I increase the patchlevel (06
now, must be at least 09) -- which I can't do until our customers do.
So, I don't know where sftp-server lives on the newer versions, and
I'm not sure if 2.9 is even useful, old as it is.

-Tor