Re: curl test coverage report redux

From: Dan Fandrich <dan_at_coneharvesters.com>
Date: Sat, 7 Jul 2007 21:34:00 -0700

On Sat, Jul 07, 2007 at 11:25:15PM +0200, Daniel Stenberg wrote:
> Thanks, but unfortunately that didn't work since it just complains on non-
> compatible files or missing object files or similar when I try various
> approaches... :-(

It complains, but it still gives you the raw code coverage output. Only
a few capabilities should be negatively affected by their loss.

> Do you still have a write-up on how to get this data by yourself? (To save
> me from learning to do it myself! ;-P)

The following procedure should work using gcc:

        tar xzf curl-%{VERSION}.tar.gz
        cd curl-%{VERSION}
        ./configure CFLAGS='-fprofile-arcs -ftest-coverage -g -O0' --disable-shared
        make
        make test
        cd tests
        make torture-test