Re: Visual C++ 2005 Express Edition Woes

From: Daniel Cater <djcater_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 6 Jul 2007 16:55:08 +0100

I've solved part of this myself :-)

Hidden away is the text "CURLOPT_WRITEDATA

Data pointer to pass to the file write function. If you use the
CURLOPT_WRITEFUNCTION option, this is the pointer you'll get as input.
If you don't use a callback, you must pass a 'FILE *' as libcurl will
pass this to fwrite() when writing data.

The internal CURLOPT_WRITEFUNCTION will write the data to the FILE *
given with this option, or to stdout if this option hasn't been set.

If you're using libcurl as a win32 DLL, you MUST use the
CURLOPT_WRITEFUNCTION if you set this option or you will experience
crashes."

!!! Is there a bug filed on that? Or a bug to point out that the
ftpgetresp.c example crashes on Windows! It's thoroughly annoying. No
wonder the same code that worked on Linux crashed on Windows...

Now I can move forward a bit. If there's still anything I've done
wrong please point it out, but for the moment it's working :-)