RE: Curl Embedded Linux

From: Chris Brown <christopherbrown_at_paradise.net.nz>
Date: Fri, 29 Jun 2007 17:31:00 +1200

Thanks for your quick reply.

Based on your advice and the comments you made I have tried again to run
configure and cross compile for the MIPS system (I also installed OpenSSL).
I have run configure as follows:

[root_at_localhost curl-7.16.2]# ./configure --with-ssl=/usr/local/ssl
--enable-cookies --enable-http --prefix=/chris/curlmv
--host=/opt/hardhat/devkit/mips/fp_le/bin/mips_fp_le --build=mips_fp_le

I am getting the output below.

checking for sed... /bin/sed
checking for /opt/hardhat/devkit/mips/fp_le/bin/mips_fp_le-ar... no
checking for ar... ar
configure: WARNING: In the future, Autoconf will not detect cross-tools
whose name does not start with the host triplet. If you think this
configuration is useful to you, please write to autoconf_at_gnu.org.
checking for gawk... gawk
checking for /opt/hardhat/devkit/mips/fp_le/bin/mips_fp_le-strip... no
checking for strip... strip
checking curl version... 7.16.2
checking build system type... Invalid configuration `mips_fp_le': machine
`mips_fp_le' not recognized
configure: error: /bin/sh ./config.sub mips_fp_le failed
[root_at_localhost curl-7.16.2]#

Aside from the obvious error I notice that it doesn't seem to be finding
'mips_fp_le-ar' or 'mips_fp_le-strip' in the directory specified, both of
which are present.

Can you offer any further help?

Thanks

Chris