Re: Re: Syscall param write(buf) points to uninitialised byte(s)

From: Gerrit Bruchhäuser <gbruchhaeuser_at_nero.com>
Date: Thu, 14 Jun 2007 16:29:05 +0200

>> Valgrind reports a problem with OpenSSL and Curl (see below).
>> Any idea how to fix it?
>
> openssl has (had) so many issues with valgrind that I've learned to ignore
> them. But no, I don't have any clever ideas besides debugging and discussing
> the matters with the OpenSSL team.

If it were just the single one error I could easily ignore it. But the total
amount is by far too impressive. If I execute:

        $> valgrind curl -k https://www.willcodeqtforfood.de/index.php

The result is:
        [... lots of stack traces ...]
        ==26610== ERROR SUMMARY: 53070 errors from 344 contexts ...

Since I am using libcurl from an application, I am not able to test my
application with valgrind anymore. And at least a thousand of reports are that
conditional jumps depend on uninitialized values, so I am not sure if that is
something to ignore.
If OpenSSL is of that quality, is there an alternative which I could fallback
with libcurl?