strange curl error with ftp transfers

From: Guenter Knauf <eflash_at_gmx.net>
Date: Thu, 14 Jun 2007 12:02:51 +0200

Hi,
a while back it came to my attention that I have a problem with the NetWare port when using ftp;
after the transfer closes I get:
curl: (18) transfer closed with -1 bytes remaining to read
indeed the downloaded files are 1 byte longer...
I had no time yet to look closer into it, nor can I say that it is a curl problem at all;
it might also been introduced with a NetWare Service Pack;
I went few versions back (7.16.0) and still see same....

has perhaps anybody seen this error already?
does someone has an idea what would be easiest/quickest way to debug this?
BTW. http(s) works still fine....

Guen.