Re: any day now

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Wed, 13 Jun 2007 21:54:49 +0200 (CEST)

On Wed, 13 Jun 2007, Dan Fandrich wrote:

> I suggest before shipping to call for a code freeze of at least several days
> first to give some time to shake out the code a bit.

Yeah, done now. Good call!

But for the record I just wanted to mention that the last days' changes have
all been in the ssh-related code and that area is still very new in libcurl
and the code in libssh2 is also either rather old and buggy (0.14) or spanking
new (CVS) so I don't think anyone should expect the same level of stability
and maturity for SCP and SFTP in the upcoming release, as we have in other
protocols.

I'm not saying it will misbehave, it is just that it hasn't had time to mature
and grow ripe over a period of years with millions of users...