Re: SFTP create missing directories

From: Tom Regner <tomte_at_tomsdiner.org>
Date: Wed, 13 Jun 2007 17:00:01 +0200

On Wednesday, 13. June 2007, James Housley wrote:
> On Jun 13, 2007, at 10:11 AM, Tom Regner wrote:

> >> Done
> >
> > [...]
> > Cool!
> >
> > I noticed you used my second patch version as basis for the
> > inclusion; do
> > you mind to explain why not version 3 ?
[...]
> I still think I would like a more solid way to do this, either with
> opendir() or [l]stat().  But, for now so this can make it into the
> release #2 was best.  It was also getting very messy with the libssh2
> non-blocking capability to keep nesting the error loops.
[...]
> I also think we can use opendir() or [l]stat() in the
> create dirs code so we only have to do what is needed.

Definitly - I simply scratched my itch by reading the docs at
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-secsh-filexfer-13 and
libssh2-includes for the minimum I needed to implement a
working version as fast as possible.

I now took a look at what is there, and FWIW I think we should use stat to
gather the necessary informations (possibly not up the path as it is now
done, but down the path, as it is likely that directories down the path
already exist), and attempt creation only after checking what
libssh2_sftp_stat returns.

I think I can't help with anything concerning the state-machine, but I would
reimplement sftp_create_dirs accordingly if that's ok with you.

[...]

lg,
Tom

--
Tom Regner -- Jabber: tomte_at_tomsdiner.org
http://www.tomsdiner.org