Re: Proper way to convert ssh.c to non-blocking

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Mon, 11 Jun 2007 09:05:05 +0200 (CEST)

On Sun, 10 Jun 2007, James Housley wrote:

>> For the connect phase, you can view the ftp.c example for how it does it.
>> The same function will simply be called repeatedly until it sets *done =
>> TRUE.
>
> The specific question is during connect, how do you return to the top level
> of curl when a call returns EAGAIN. It looks like the ftp state machine
> stays looping, even while waiting for data during connect.

Right, but only if the easy interface is used and not if multi. I consider
that a minor flaw in the top-level code that deals with connects. I guess we
need to do something similar for the SSH case, don't you agree?

My blue sky dream is of course to go 100% multi interface internally an only
provide the easy interface as an API "externally".