Re: fd_set beyond 1024 problem

From: Aleksandar Lazic <al-curllibrary_at_none.at>
Date: Sat, 2 Jun 2007 10:13:08 +0200

Hi,

On Mit 30.05.2007 11:24, Jamie Lokier wrote:
>Daniel Stenberg wrote:
>
>> It isn't clear to me what the portable way of raising this limit is
>> for fd_set, but I feel a strong urge to fix this issue.
>
>So I suggest defining your own type and macros, if using `poll'.

As some of the high performance server out ther do.

I think you will find some ideas in haproxy, nginx, thttpd, lighttpd,...

e.g.: haproxy (http://haproxy.1wt.eu/) use still FD_* macros and
bit-shift as far as I have understand.
src/ev_*

in nginx you can find the polling in src/event/modules/ngx_poll_module.c

But I don't know what is faster develop own things or reuse some code
out there.

Hth

Aleks