NTLM POST improvement idea

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Mon, 28 May 2007 22:37:46 +0200 (CEST)

Hey

(I thought I'd post this idea here before I forget it.)

I talked to Henrik (of the squid team) the other day, and we entered the topic
of doing POST using NTLM and the troubles of having to send the entire post
even if the server reponds with a 401 (or proxy 407).

He then suggested we instead could check if the response is a HTTP 1.1 as then
we can disconnect (if the POST data is larger than some magic limit perhaps)
and instead resend the initial POST request with chunked-encoding as then the
initial POST can be very small!

This fix is not in my personal TODO-list, but if there's anyone around who
does a lot of NTLM POSTs this could be something to explore on a rainy day...