Re: Wrong data received in a write callback

From: Dan Fandrich <dan_at_coneharvesters.com>
Date: Wed, 16 May 2007 10:54:31 -0700

On Wed, May 16, 2007 at 06:26:53PM +0200, Nicolas Martin wrote:
> Just wondering, would it be possible that having a lot of i/o
> operations at the same time would cause this kind of behavior ? I am
> logging debug on a file at the same time, writing to pipes etc...

This kind of behaviour should *never* happen, no matter what you're doing!
Depending on the cause of the failure, it's certainly possible that doing
lots of I/O could cause some kind of race condition to show up. Try
booting your kernel with "cachepolicy=uncached" on the kernel command line
to disable the cache and see if you get any different results.

>>> Dan