Re: GnuTLS vs OpenSSL vs NSS

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Sat, 5 May 2007 22:44:22 +0200 (CEST)

On Sat, 5 May 2007, Guenter Knauf wrote:

>> I guess a problem with yassl in that aspect is that hardly anyone knows
>> much about it...

> I came over it when I recently looked at a SSL-enabled mysql; the mysql
> sources ship with yaSSL, and can be build either with yaSSL, or with
> OpenSSL....

Yes, and curl can be built to use yassl if you build it with its
OpenSSL-emulated API. But at least the version of yassl I have around crashes
when I ran the test suite with my curl-yassl... (while the same test case
works fine with curl built to use OpenSSL, GnuTLS or NSS)

But still, I don't know of a single soul (except me and the main yassl author)
who ever tried this and I've never seen yassl in use.

This comparison table discussion is held on a GnuTLS mailing list where not
much more knowledge about it seems to exist, so unless someone appears there
won't be much to say about yassl since we just don't know.