Re: [RFC] Cached memory pools

From: Dan Fandrich <dan_at_coneharvesters.com>
Date: Wed, 2 May 2007 13:04:48 -0700

On Wed, May 02, 2007 at 08:26:15PM +0200, Robert Iakobashvili wrote:
> Have you any experience with the tuning params
> for mallopt, that may may be recommended for libcurl?

I've never had the need to optimize at such a fine level.

> On a long run, however, we do believe in zero/near-zero run-time
> allocations, using cached memory.

I can see why that would be best in your case, but it's tough to do that
and keep the memory usage low for use in embedded systems. There is room
for improvement; I can see a few places where linked lists structures
are being built from heap-allocated cells when the could be built using
the various handles themselves.

>>> Dan