Re: [BUG] libCURL 7.16.1 and up breaks streaming.

From: Domenico Andreoli <cavokz_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 30 Apr 2007 14:44:36 +0200

On Mon, Apr 30, 2007 at 02:16:44PM +0200, Tobias Rundström wrote:
> Hello,

hi,

> I have found a bug/miss-feature in libCURL 7.16.1 and up. In XMMS2 we
> use libCURL for HTTP streaming (ice/shout cast and friends). Recently
> Apple issued a security fix for OSX that included a new version of
> libCURL (7.16.1) and at the same time debian sid shipped 7.16.2 as
> default. This broke streaming for our users. We where able to find out

talking about the debian part only, how it is possible that 7.16.2 is
shipped by default on sid? the 7.16.x stuff still lies in experimental
because of the soname transition.

BTW Daniel, we arranged things in order to manage the soname transition
without too blood spreading. you now, curl/libcurl is nowdays pretty
popular and packages using it are piling up in debian. i'm just waiting
some other transitions in order to not melt down unstable.

cheers
domenico

-----[ Domenico Andreoli, aka cavok
 --[ http://www.dandreoli.com/gpgkey.asc
   ---[ 3A0F 2F80 F79C 678A 8936 4FEE 0677 9033 A20E BC50