Re: Patch to add Amazon AWS authentication

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Tue, 24 Apr 2007 13:45:00 +0200 (CEST)

On Mon, 22 Apr 2007, Mark Atwood wrote:

> I've written a patch for Amazon AWS authentication, in the same spirit as
> Digest, GSSAPI, and NTLM authentication.

Thanks, attached to this mail is my updated version againt current CVS. There
were some minor cvs conflicts.

My version is fixed to:

  1 - build with recent code (the assert macro changed name)
  2 - check for the HMAC stuff in configure since older OpenSSL libs don't have
      it

I don't think I broke anything...

It still has issues left to fix to get high score:

  tests - I already mentioned them, but I list them here again for
           completeness

  warnings - build with configure --enable-debug and enjoy a flood of warnings.
           We want them all addressed.

  memory - your code does multiple memory operations such as realloc() but
           without error checks or bail-out paths. When you add a couple of
           test cases, you can verify that they do right by using the
           runtests.pl's -t option

  checkheaders - looks very similar to the checkheaders function in lib/http.c
           so I think we should better unite them into a single one, as it
           seems just a little step away.

  curl-config - needs more intelligence, so that it doesn't show the AWS
           feature for curl when built with OpenSSL < 0.9.7 (without the HMAC
           functions).