Re: Many easy handles, one socket?

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Tue, 24 Apr 2007 10:02:00 +0200 (CEST)

On Mon, 23 Apr 2007, Nick Zitzmann wrote:

> This works in most cases, but it's kind of wasteful when HTTP 1.1 supports
> holding a connection open for multiple transactions. So I was wondering if
> there was a way to have libcurl use the same socket for multiple easy
> handles, and if so, then what do I need to do to get this working?

It makes no sense for libcurl to offer anything like that, since why would you
want multiple handles if you can only use them one at a time?

Pass around that single handle instead and use re-use the same one when you
need to transfer data.

> I've seen a reference to a "hiper" project on curl.haxx.se; was that ever
> finished?

Yes, as far as software is ever finished. The hiper project was at least
finished and the most noticable outcome was the curl_multi_socket() function.