RE: CURL loops infinitely when cable is pulled out.

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Mon, 23 Apr 2007 23:09:50 +0200 (CEST)

On Mon, 23 Apr 2007, Sonia Subramanian wrote:

> 3. In the next session a new CURL object is created and it does a bunch of
> other things (like head requests) before actually requesting for the object.

> 4. It looks at the file information and and if the info says partial it sets
> the CURL resume from, from that byte.

> 5. This worked well in the previous version that I used. (7.15.4).

> 6. In the new version, in this scenario I got http 416.

So why isn't the code around lib/url.c:3712 good enough? It checks if resume
is set (but not range) and then sets the internal reqdata.range variable to
point to a suitable just created range string. What's wrong with that created
string, or when does it go bad?

Does your code by any chance set _both_ resume_from and range?