Re: Patch to add Amazon AWS authentication

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Mon, 23 Apr 2007 08:54:44 +0200 (CEST)

On Mon, 22 Apr 2007, Mark Atwood wrote:

> I've written a patch for Amazon AWS authentication, in the same spirit as
> Digest, GSSAPI, and NTLM authentication.

Cool! Before I review the actual code, I have a few questions:

1 - Is there a document somewhere that describes this auth method in detail?
     All I've found so far is very verbose descriptions without specific syntax
     details.

2 - "Amazon" in the name sounds very Amazon-specific. Is there anything else
     besides Amazon that uses this?

3 - Can you please provide at least some test cases as well that make sure
     that the basic AWS functionality is there? I figure some of the existing
     tests for other auth methods should work as good examples/input on how to
     write them.

4 - I didn't see anything in the code that made sure that OpenSSL is enabled,
     so I'm quite sure it'll fail if you build without it. Right?