Re: compiling libcurl-7.16.2 with Visual Studio 2005

From: Curran Schiefelbein <nachbar_at_ll.mit.edu>
Date: Thu, 19 Apr 2007 17:01:51 -0400

Yang Tse wrote:
> Following http://curl.haxx.se/mail/lib-2007-04/0120.html you'll get
> static libcurl library from within the VS2005 IDE.

I followed your instructions to the letter, and nowhere is a libcurl.dll
or libcurl.lib produced. No errors either.

Can you explain a bit more, how creating MyApp is supposed to trigger
the compilation of these files? Seems to me that just compiling curl
with the right configuration should do it, without creating a client
application... but then again I haven't been able to get a DLL through
any means yet, so I am not an expert.

> Using curl-7.16.2\lib\Makefile.vc8 will unleash VS2005.

Do you mean using the VS command shell with the makefile? Can you give
an example?

Thanks,
Curran