compiling libcurl-7.16.2 with Visual Studio 2005

From: Curran Schiefelbein <nachbar_at_ll.mit.edu>
Date: Mon, 16 Apr 2007 19:02:59 -0400

Hello,

I've been following the instructions in Rosso Salmanzadeh's guide --
downloaded the curl source, opened lib/curllib.dsw, agreed with VS2005
that opening lib/curllib.vcproj was a better idea, and compiled. I had
no errors for either Debug or Release versions. However, it didn't build
either libcurl.lib or libcurl.dll. Rather, just the oddly named
"curllib.lib", which is at odds with Rosso's guide. No DLL at all.

Unfortunately, using Visual Studio is a requirement on this particular
project. Is this the normal expected behavior?

I also checked out curl-7.16.2-win32-ssl-sspi.zip (obtained via the
which-curl-do-I-need wizard on the download page), which has
libcurl-4.dll but no libcurl.lib.

Any suggestions are appreciated.

Thanks,
Curran