Re: abort trap: double-free bug in lib/ssluse.c:Curl_ossl_close() ???

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Mon, 16 Apr 2007 18:20:20 +0200 (CEST)

On Mon, 16 Apr 2007, Edward B. DREGER wrote:

> When PHP invokes cURL on an HTTPS URL, the result is
>
> php in free(): error: chunk is already free
> Abort trap: 6
>
> I'm aware of the curl-and-php mailing list. However, it appears the problem
> may be in libcurl as opposed to the PHP/CURL binding. I built libcurl and
> PHP with debugging symbols and found that the trap occurs in cURL's
>
> lib/ssluse.c:Curl_ossl_close()
>
> when
>
> SSL_free (connssl->handle);
> /* circa line 700 +/- 20 (depending on cURL version) */
>
> is invoked. I'm not terribly familiar with cURL or OpenSSL guts, so that's
> as far as I've taken it.

We never see this in curl or other libcurl-using apps, which would indicate
that the problem is somehow PHP-related anyway.

Can you produce a libcurl-using source code that repeats the problem _without_
PHP? If so, then please post it. If you can't, then I'm not ready to deal with
it since PHP is a lot of code for a case that doesn't smell to be our fault in
the first place.