difference in behaviour of libcurl in windos and linux

From: kuriakose <kuriakose_at_huawei.com>
Date: Tue, 10 Apr 2007 19:49:20 +0530

Hi ,

       I have some code(in windows built in Visual studio 7.1) which uses
libcurl to connect to FTP server using FTPS protocol. I have given the

CURLOPT_SSL_VERIFYPEER as false.

Also I have CURLOPT_FTP_SSL as CURLFTPSSL_CONTROL. Ftp server I am trying to
connect is pure ftp 1.0.21 <ftp://ftp 1.0.21/>

Download is fine.

Now the same code I have build in Suse linux 9 , g++ 3.3.3. When I try to
connect to the same server using FTPS protocol and the same curl options
(obvious as the code is same) . I am getting "Requested FTP SSL level
failed" .

Also when I change the CURLOPT_FTP_SSL option in linux to CURLFTPSSL_TRY ,
then it is working in linux.

What can be the problem.?

Please help.

Regards

Kuriakose

but not limited to, total or partial disclosure, reproduction, or
dissemination) by persons other than the intended recipient's) is