Re: [patch] fix Cygwin build problems and testsuite infrastucturequestions

From: Yang Tse <yangsita_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 9 Apr 2007 15:20:53 +0200

2007/4/9, Brian Dessent wrote:

> If it's of any help, it seems that this is how curl has been implemented
> for ages on Cygwin, i.e. it has always tried to
> LoadLibray("wldap32.dll"), and it has always tried to use the native
> SSPI api. The only thing that changed (as far as I can tell) was that
> the windows header includes were recently reworked such that now
> windows.h is no longer included.

Ok, I've done some tests and some results are a little bit unexpected.

When building and running the testsuite with --disable-sspi with the
attached patch which is nearly yours but also changing WIN32
preprocessor checks. I get exactly the same results with the patch
installed or removed in a machine which is not networked in any
Windows Domain.

I'll repeat the same test later on a machine which does belong to a
Windows Domain to verify results there.

But as a first impression I would have expected different results.

NTLM code not doing anything or is Cygwin _so_ clever that it is
actually performing the full translation of the NTLM POSIX stuff to
WinAPI ?

In both configurations if curl is built with --enable-sspi I get the
same or even a couple more test failures than you have reported.

All this actually deserves further investigation before committing any fix.

I would prefer to have sorted out first the NTLM API actually needed.
But at this point I still don't see the need for the patch (yours, nor
mine).

--
-=[Yang]=-