Re: multi_cleanup closes easy handles ftp session even if easy handlehas been removed from multi_handle

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Wed, 4 Apr 2007 16:36:06 +0200 (CEST)

On Wed, 4 Apr 2007, elupus wrote:

> Since I only need the multi_handle for one easy_handle never anything more.
> It seemed silly to keep it around.

Well, you said you keep the easy handle so you can of course just as well keep
both!?

> I wish a global connection cache could be used, so all connections could be
> shared globally.

The design of the current system should allow this without a too large effort.
Even though it isn't currently supported. Feel free to take a stab at this.

> Currently I myself keep track of what server a easy_handle connected to last
> time, to be able to resuse the proper one. Should I keep the multi handle
> there instead, or are there still states that are cached in the easy_handle
> too?

If you keep both the multi and the easy handle around in pairs you should be
fine, if I understand your use-case correctly.