CURLOPT_SSL_VERIFYPEER and ca-bundle

From: Nilesh <nilesh_at_kenati.com>
Date: Thu, 29 Mar 2007 23:18:12 +0530

Hello,

Trying to verify the SSL certificate from Server.

Using following options.

- CURLOPT_SSL_VERIFYPEER is set to 1.
- default ca-bundle has been installed at
/usr/local/share/curl-ca-bundle.crt
- ca-bundle.h has the same location defined.

- Not at all setting CURLOPT_CAINFO and CURLOPT_PATH.

- Additionaly using CURLOPT_VERIFY_HOST=2

Still I am getting following messages/errors,
/
== Info: SSLv3, TLS handshake, Client hello (1):
== Info: SSLv3, TLS handshake, Server hello (2):
== Info: SSLv3, TLS handshake, CERT (11):
== Info: SSLv3, TLS alert, Server hello (2):
== Info: SSL certificate problem, verify that the CA cert is OK. Details:
error:14090086:SSL routines:SSL3_GET_SERVER_CERTIFICATE:certificate
verify failed/

- Tried setting the same path ( default one) with CURLOPT_CAINFO option,
still facing the same error.

- I have appended my own CA certificate to default ca-bundle.crt
- Even tried with only my own (single) certificate inside default
ca-bundle.crt file, stiil the same error

Any clue what must be missing ??

Thanks,
Nilesh