Re: re-using connection with authentication

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Tue, 27 Mar 2007 23:11:04 +0200 (CEST)

On Tue, 27 Mar 2007, Sigrid Thijs wrote:

>> I'm actually not even sure it makes sense to try to support what you're
>> trying to do
>
> Well, it has always worked that way (until we upgraded)

I very much doubt that.

Before 7.16.0, each easy handle had its own connection cache (thus there was
no connection re-use between two different easy handles the way they are done
now) and with 7.16.0 that introduced the shared connections among the easy
handles in a multi handle, this explained limitation came along.

> but if it's not supported anymore to use multiple easy handles with
> authentication on the same connection, you should say so.

First, this is not a changed behaviour.

Then, it *is* supported. It's just that the authentication "negotiation" is
done a second time for the second handle.

And third, if you really want this to be supported then please help us and
tell us how it should work.