Re: SFTP and FTPS

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Wed, 21 Mar 2007 14:52:00 +0100 (CET)

On Wed, 21 Mar 2007, thyros_at_op.pl wrote:

> To check server's authenticity I need to set one of following options:
> CURLOPT_CAINFO or CURLOPT_CAPATH

Yes, and enable the VERIFYPEER and VERIFYHOST options.

> If server require a certificate from me I need to set: CURLOPT_SSLCERT and
> if necessary also CURLOPT_SSLCERTTYPE and CURLOPT_SSLCERTPASSWD

Yes, and also your private key.

> What about my certificate. Should a provide one for my ftp client or anyone
> who want to use this client should provide it's certificate as a user?

Client certificates are created and handed out by the admins of the particular
server you want to access. The certificate is used by you to prove to the
server that you are who you claim to be.

> On your front page I see you support SFTP but in your mails Daniel Stenberg
> calims "...But there's no kind of integrated SSH-related support in curl or
> libcurl". So which one is correct? And if you do, what part of SFTP you
> support.

Things change over time. In my mails I have claimed a lot of things that were
accurate at the time of me claiming it, but the world has changed since then
and thus the facts are now different.

libcurl supports SFTP since version 7.16.1, powered by the libssh2 library.

What parts of SFTP? Currently we only support upload, download and getting a
directory listing. Or are there any other kinds of "parts" in SFTP to support?