Re: Sending arbitrary SFTP commands?

From: Nick Zitzmann <nick_at_chronosnet.com>
Date: Thu, 15 Mar 2007 15:58:54 -0600

On Mar 15, 2007, at 3:15 PM, Daniel Stenberg wrote:

> Uhm, I'm not really that into the SFTP details, but don't the
> numerical codes have any names that we can use instead?

Sort of. I used to contribute SFTP code to the libssh project. The
commands themselves are numerical, but the SFTP specification at
<http://www.openssh.org/txt/draft-ietf-secsh-filexfer-02.txt> lists a
bunch of #defines of all these codes. To complicate things further,
they are for SFTP version 3 and they're probably different for
earlier versions of SFTP. Then we have two questions to answer:

1. Where's the appropriate place to store these codes in the easy
options (preferably without creating more options)?
2. Can programs send these codes directly to the server via libssh2,
or are we forced to use its built-in functions? I haven't looked at
the project, but I suspect the latter...

Nick Zitzmann
<http://www.chronosnet.com/>