Re: multi_runsingle referencing freed connection

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Tue, 20 Feb 2007 22:25:18 +0100 (CET)

On Tue, 20 Feb 2007, Daniel Johnson wrote:

>> Thanks for your heads up. I'll see what I can do. Unfortunately I have no
>> Mac OS X machine to work on so it might be a bit tricky for me to track
>> this down...
>
> When I force curl to use poll instead of select, 531 passes but 530 still
> fails. I'll be glad to help track it down if you have any suggestions of
> what to look at.

Test 531 seems to fail since there are some strange left-overs from the 530
failure. That looks like a test system bug.

The test 530 failure is related to the change I did that marks HTTP
connections as re-usable directly after connect and then made the
ConnectionExists() function check that bit only - previously it checked if it
was not for reuse AND part of a pipeline to make it get skipped.

My guess is that the connections don't connect immediately on Mac OS X so that
lib530.c fires them off too rapidly and thus they are all stilled marked as
not reusable when attempted for re-use (since the HTTP-specific connect part
that marks them as re-usable hasn't be run yet).

Alas, I believe the libcurl code is fine but the test code doesn't quite test
exactly what we (I) want and we probably need to figure out a way to make the
first connection connect properly first before the following connections
should be allowed to be "let through".