Re: CURLOPT_RANGE reset for ftp bugfix

From: Michal Marek <mmarek_at_suse.cz>
Date: Sun, 18 Feb 2007 17:19:23 +0100

Daniel Stenberg wrote:
> On Fri, 16 Feb 2007, Michal Marek wrote:
>
>> Since 7.16.0, handling of conn->maxdownload (resp.
>> conn->data->reqdata.maxdownload) was removed from url.c. My
>> understanding is that protocols that make use of maxdownload have to
>> maintain it on their own, correct?
>
> BTW, it was be really nice if you could convert your little test app for
> this into an actual curl test case so that we can be sure this bug isn't
> brought back in the future...

I could try it. Which reminds me... Before I sent my patch (which
wrongly set resume_from = 0), I ran make check and the testsuite passed
(except for test 62), so either I did something wrong or the testuite
doesn't test resumed downloads thoroughly. Perhaps there's room for
improvement, too?

Michal