Re: IRIX 6.2 MIPS C 6.2 o32 - Daily builds

From: Jamie Lokier <jamie_at_shareable.org>
Date: Sun, 18 Feb 2007 03:46:17 +0000

Daniel Johnson wrote:
> Unfortunately, this is bad on systems that set link_all_deplibs=yes
> like darwin. curl-config and libcurl.pc now don't list any dependent
> libraries since they use @LIBS@, which causes linking to fail for
> packages that depend on libcurl.
>
> Actually, I see that libcurl.pc has been broken for a while, since
> @LIBS@ is being passed to Libs.private and so don't appear with "pkg-
> config --libs libcurl". Arguably, this is a bug in pkg-config, which
> should merge Libs.private with Libs on darwin, but that doesn't
> change the fact that libcurl.pc is currently useless. :)

On such platforms, pkg-config should have been built with
"--enable-indirect-deps" which causes it to merge Libs.private with
Libs (and Requires.private with Requires).

For example, Cygwin's version uses this flag, and a quick google shows
DarwinPorts uses it too.

If someone has a Darwin installation of pkg-config that wasn't build
with that flag, and things don't link properly, many pkg files other
than libcurl.pc will be useless.

-- Jamie