MinGW build error with --disable-verbose

From: Daniel Mirchandani <chromus_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 14 Feb 2007 19:48:05 -0500

I built libcurl within Cygwin for MinGW so I wouldn't have to depend
on Cygwin's DLLs. I used the following config options:

./configure --build=mingw32 --disable-ftp --disable-file
--disable-ldap --disable-dict --disable-telnet --disable-tftp
--disable-manual --disable-ares --disable-verbose --disable-sspi
--disable-debug --disable-crypto-auth --disable-cookies --without-ssl
--without-libssh2 CPPFLAGS="-mno-cygwin" LDFLAGS="-mno-cygwin -Os -s"

During `make`, I got a error in lib/strerror.c on line 576; the use of
an undeclared variable "error". That line falls within
get_winsock_error(), in a section which only builds if
--disable-verbose is specified, which takes "err" as a parameter, so a
quick change from "error" to "err" on that line and it built fine. Now
I have a library suitable for static linking, which is exactly what I
wanted.