Re: Windows SDK 2003 support for XP and XP x64

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Tue, 13 Feb 2007 22:22:56 +0100 (CET)

On Fri, 9 Feb 2007, Robert (Bob) A. Monat wrote:

> Next try. Only one target sdk2003. Given the current makefile structure, it
> seems to make more sense to have additional makefiles. Makefile.vc6 implies
> to me Microsoft Visual C++ 6 and not other environments.

Then can't we rename that single one to Makefile.VC or Makefile.MSVC?

> Differences include compiler options and included libraries.

And they are truly due to do the different compiler versions and not just due
to different makefile authors?

> Also, based on previous experiences, conditional logic in makefiles,
> particularly cross-platform makefiles, does not work well.

Well, experience from almost nine years of curl project says that the more
Makefiles we have, the more outdated Makefiles we have. It is easier to keep
one Makefile updated than two.