Re: --ftp-ssl-ccc not always working

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Wed, 24 Jan 2007 22:07:59 +0100 (CET)

On Wed, 24 Jan 2007, Dan Fandrich wrote:

> I tried the new --ftp-ssl-ccc option on the public Gene6 FTP server, and it
> doesn't work right. The command:

[...]

> and then curl hangs. Sometimes, the garbage after the PWD command doesn't
> appear, but it still hangs. It looks to me like some kind of race condition
> while shutting down the SSL connection.

I had a few chats with Linus while he implemented this feature, and while I
can't claim I got all the details and quirks, SSL (the protocol) clearly is
lacking on the shutdown parts and so are the implementations of CCC in both
clients and servers. We kind of expected this situation to show up. :-(

I know Linus worked with both a proftpd server and a custom proprietary server
when he got it working. Hopefully we/he can dig up some further details by
examining this public site's responses and network traffic.