speeding up https (was Re: curl-library Digest, Vol 17, Issue 40)

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Wed, 24 Jan 2007 18:22:35 +0100 (CET)

On Wed, 24 Jan 2007, Honne Gowda A wrote:

> I was facing slowness in getting pages from https sites. Attached is the
> patch containing the fix which worked for me.

Thanks!

Please cut off unnecessary quotes and use sensible subjects.

Can you elaborate on what speed changes you got with this and can you
understand why this change matters? You just loop the reading somewhat earlier
than what it otherwise does, but you also will effectively busy-loop there if
you just can read fast enough and then it won't do all the other house-keeping
stuff it is designed to do while downloading...

I figure you still see the same "slowness" in 7.16.0 or even better in a
recent CVS version?