Question on pipelined multiple image acquisition

From: Zheng <lizhengncsu_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 23 Jan 2007 12:10:53 -0500

Hi,

I am new to curl. My colleague introduced me here for potential solution of my question. Can anybody help me on my question?

Briefly speaking, the task is to use a computer to acquire images from one remotely connected webcam which monitors a space with moving objects. The current setup can only handle a new acquistion request after the previously acquired image (100KByte) is received by the computer. Therefore the image updating frequency is limited by the time delay (about 200ms) spent during their acquisition and transmission. My question is whether or not this process can be improved with multiple thread or pipelining support, i.e. to acquire new image before the previouly one is received and have more than 1 image processed simultaneouly.

I find that the project of High Performance libcurl might be the promising way to go for it. But I don't know if the time period between two sequential acquisition commands can be determined according to the designer's will.

Thanks and Best Regards,
Zheng