Re: New Cookie API

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Sun, 14 Jan 2007 13:08:51 +0100 (CET)

On Sun, 14 Jan 2007, Foxbax wrote:

(moved to the libcurl list since it is a libcurl question/matter)

>>> curl_easy_getinfo(curl_handle, CURLINFO_EFFECTIVE_URL_COOKIES,mycookie);
>>
>> Why would libcurl do this? It supports sending the correct cookies and it
>> supports exporting all cookies (in two ways), I don't think we need a third
>> way...
>>
> Yes,Libcurl can send cookie corectly,but I think in IE or Firefox,there is a
> document object,it can get EFFECTIVE_URL_COOKIES via document.cookies,
> (EFFECTIVE_URL_COOKIES is similar to document.cookies)

So libcurl should have this because you think IE or Firefox have something
similar to this? I don't see how that is relevant at all.

Why can't you just get the cookies and do the matching yourself? I want a good
motivation for new added new code.