Re: no_proxy is being ignored

From: Robert Foreman <robert.foreman_at_rd.bbc.co.uk>
Date: Thu, 04 Jan 2007 12:06:53 +0000

> From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
> Date: 2006-12-22
>
> On Thu, 21 Dec 2006, Robert Foreman wrote:
>
>> I've made a version of your simple.c example that shows my problem.
>
> Excellent! Thanks to that I could easily repeat it in my end, and now I've
> committed a fix that made the problem disappear for me...

Thanks veyr much for that fix. The problem has disappeared for me too.

However, I've encountered another problem with the http_proxy
environment variable.

Usually, I have http_proxy=http://www-cache:80 and this works without
problems with all versions up to 7.16.1-20061222. With curl version
7.16.1-20061226 (and all later builds), I just get the error message

curl: (7) couldn't connect to host

If I change the environment variable so it includes the complete domain
name then curl works again with all versions.

Yours,

Rob Foreman