Re: GnuTLS and NTLM

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Fri, 29 Dec 2006 08:12:18 +0100 (CET)

On Thu, 28 Dec 2006, Albert Chin wrote:

> According to http://curl.haxx.se/legal/distro-dilemma.html, NTLM isn't
> supported because GnuTLS lacks the crypto functions libcurl uses for NTLM.
> Is this just the DES calls?

We need DES, MD4 and MD5 for NTLM. GnuTLS doesn't have the crypto functions
needed, but GnuTLS itself uses an underlying crypto lib (libgcrypt) that I'm
quite sure features the necessary functions.

However, we don't currently directly use that crypto lib so we'd have to
detect what lib it uses in configure, and figure out how to do the necessary
crypto magic with that lib in the NTLM code.