Re: curl + OpenSSL + threads...

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Wed, 27 Dec 2006 22:25:07 +0100 (CET)

On Tue, 26 Dec 2006, Bob Jones wrote:

> I am experiencing a crash when attempting a standard HTTPS operation with
> libcurl. The page fetches fine but the program crashes when I call
> curl_easy_cleanup().

And it doesn't crash if you do the same thing with a plain HTTP URL?

> This is repeatable every time. The crash does not occur if I isolate the
> code within a separate, single-threaded application that does nothing else.

That's weird. I don't see how your multi-threaded use of openssl differs from
the single-threaded use? I would suspect a problem in your program or possibly
an OpenSSL bug. You could try a more recent OpenSSL version to rule out that
option.