Re: crash in curl_easy_init

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Thu, 14 Dec 2006 19:05:10 +0100 (CET)

On Thu, 14 Dec 2006, Vajda Zoltán wrote:

> I started using cURL on SunOS 5.8 with the example source getinmemory.c as
> it is provided. Statically linked it works fine.
> However, if I dinamically link the libcurl.so.4.0.0 into my application
> together with other libraries and call the function (the same as in main()
> in the above example source), there is a core dump generated during
> curl_easy_init:

> fcaa5c28 Curl_open (1b, 0, 0, 0, 0, ffbeeea4) + 114
> fcab2308 curl_easy_init (0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0) + 44
> fca1e570 curltest (ffbeefa8, fca52660, fca52648, 4f, 0, 12b864) + 30

Curl_open() doesn't do anything complicated. This is not a problem caused by
libcurl itself, but rather something weird in your environment. Perhaps you've
screwed up the memory before the call so the malloc() or similar misbehaves?

Can you rebuild curl with debug enable and see exctly what source line it
crashes on and what the contents of the relevant local variables are at that
point?