Re: keeping connection on multi_remove_handle for FTP

From: Armel Asselin <asselin.armel_at_wanadoo.fr>
Date: Thu, 7 Dec 2006 23:29:03 +0100

>> No, it doesn't. I was wrong. We need to decide that another way.
>
> I've thought about this issue some more.
>
> The only reason we want/need this "cancel" info, is to know whether or not
> to read/wait for the server response in Curl_ftp_done(), right?
>
> But what if you remove a handle very early in the progress when libcurl
> issues a long series of PWD commands? You could still manage to do that
> exactly when a command has been sent and before a response has been
> (completely) received...
>
> I guess what I'm trying to say is: this problem is somewhat more
> complicated than at least I previously were thinking.
you are right, it may not be that simple at all, in particular if cutting
inside a command half way could provoque dangerous things... [joke: it's
like when the hacker is hacking god's database...] cancelling DELE
manufacture... could become DELE man [end of joke: and hop humanity
disappear]...
so the least would be to ensure that previous line ends completely or that
it gets malformed so as to prevent any unwanted action.

Armel