Re: keeping connection on multi_remove_handle for FTP

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Mon, 4 Dec 2006 12:44:44 +0100 (CET)

On Mon, 4 Dec 2006, Armel Asselin wrote:

> [I still use curl - 7.15.6 as of cvs head 2006/08/21]

I wouldn't advice hanging on to that.

> In fact I'm on another problem, the removal of a curl handle from a multi is
> understood as being a removal '_after_ success or error'...

No, that's not "understood". It may be so that the code currently only
gracefully deals with those situations, but it is not the intention.

> the Curl_ftp_done function expects to have stuff either in error or in good
> state. but in the case of a 'cancel' which may happen at any time, the
> transfer is both in success and in a fairly transient state so that
> Curl_ftp_done _hangs_ one minute before going on.

So it should be fixed!

> could we have something to tell "please cancel this operation"? (on option
> for example which notes that on Curl_???_done libcurl should trash
> everything as fast a possible). this option would be set after the CURL* was
> added to the multi (in fact, on cancelation, just before the removal from
> multi handle)

I don't get it. What would the option do and why wouldn't that always be the
desired action if the handle is removed in the midst of operations?