Re: cURL crashes with HTTPS proxies

From: Andreas Rieke <andreas.rieke_at_isl.de>
Date: Sun, 03 Dec 2006 17:07:18 +0100

Hi,

> How do you tell libcurl to go through 3 proxies?

I simply tell cURL to use the first one, and that forwards to the second one and so on.

> You don't know? How about building with debug and check with a debugger?

The configuration with the three proxies is running on another location where I am not able to debug things.

> Now that's interestng. In libcurl's view, what really differs between using
> one or more proxies? I can't see how it makes any difference...

I do agree, it makes no difference in fact.
However, if one of those proxies does something it should not do, why does cURL crash?
For exactly that reason I tried to check with a squid proxy, not finding any problems.

> 7.16.0 introduced a lot of internal changes due to the added pipelining
> support, but since you compared with 7.15.3 we can also add the whole
> curl_multi_socket() API internal remake.

> To put it short: I don't think it helps trying to track source code changes
> from the working version to the crashing one, I think we need to figure out
> why the existing code crashes and fix it!

Ok, maybe I am able to check with an Aladdin proxy, and certainly I can also check with numerical addresses
to verify that c-ares does not cause the problem. I will come back with the results,

Andreas