Re: Posting big files with libcurl

From: Lepidosteus <lepidosteus_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 29 Nov 2006 11:34:49 +0100

On 11/29/06, Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se> wrote:
> On Wed, 29 Nov 2006, Lepidosteus wrote:
> 1. That condition was only valid for multipart formposts, and you didn't say
> what kind of POST you intend to do.

Sorry, I intend do to multipart posting

> 2. That limitation is gone in 7.12.1 and later (released aug 10 2004)

The problem is, reading the doc here:
http://curl.haxx.se/libcurl/c/curl_formadd.html

I see that I have two possibilities: either using CURLFORM_FILE which
"reads the contents of the file and passes them as data", or
CURLFORM_BUFFER which basically reads a buffer I fill by myself.

First, in case I misunderstood you, did you meant that CURLFORM_FILE
does not read the whole file at first when we set this option, but
sequencially when doing the post ? (thus not filling the ram except
with an internal buffer, thus resolving my problem)

Second, if not, how can I do it ? (I don't see the buffer acting like
a stream that I can "refill" when needed)

(I'm coming from another lib made in pascal where this limitation
can't be overpassed as for now, and I need to know if CURL can help me
doing that)

Thanks

--
Lepidosteus